We always plan quite wisely when it comes to draw budget and spend money. But it happens that one way or the other money keeps on slipping from our hands and at the end of the month we are left empty handed. In this article I am going to share some of the best and top simple strategies for saving money.
Now that we all are passing through a very tough time during the recession, therefore it’s very important that we cut-off all the unnecessary expenditures and try to save as much amount of money as we can for our kid’s education and for our bright future.
There are many things that we keep on doing without even thinking how much money we are actually spending on them. For instance a daily coffee drink may easily cost you over $1,000 in a year; I am not suggesting you to stop drinking the coffee, but you can always reduce the quantity. It would not only be health friendly but also pocket friendly. There are many things where you can trim the excess and save money for yourself.
1. Cell Phone: Most of us keep on talking on mobile phones without even realizing that we are actually being charged for every second. At the end we get a heavy bill to be paid, so isn’t it better to use cell phone as minimum as possible? See if you are too much into messaging with your friends, this would cost you a lot of money. Get some appropriate package for making calls and sending messages.
2. Land line: Think if you need both the cell phone and land line? There are many people who are in the favor of using the mobile phone. To them it is a better option and fulfills the basic need of communication. Plus you never have to pay line rent too. With the land line, you would have to pay line rent which is a fix amount every month whether you make use of your land line phone or not.
3. Gym Membership: how much do you pay for your gym membership? If you have been paying a monthly fee and you have not visited the gym for months, then you better consider canceling the membership. As you are simply wasting your money and nothing else. Try to find out about the exercises that you can do at home easily, so that you can save money.
4. Subscriptions: What do your monthly subscriptions add up to? Are they really worth it? Most of the newspaper and magazines that you purchase are available online; with ease you can view and read them from your laptop. So why waste money when you have a better alternative.
5. Shopping: Make use of coupons, rebates and promotions to save as much as you can on you weekly groceries. You can save a lot of money by using coupons. So consider it and see you saving being boosted up.