We all are aware of the fact that couponing plays a great role when it comes to shopping. There are many women who do their shopping for absolutely free using the coupons and promotions. However you also have to follow some couponing rules in order to save a lot of money on your grocery. Here are some dos and some don’ts that you must follow.
1. Always visit those stores that double or triple the values of your coupons, this way you would be increasing the amount of savings on your shopping.
2. Look for the special store coupons that can be used along with the manufacturer’s coupons that may differ depending upon the policy of each store.
3. Look for the unit cost of an item that you are paying. Large sizes means better value than buying the small sizes, However some times it is better to use multiple coupons to buy bulk or family size.
4. Go for the combination bargains, see if you can get an item for reduced price through the use of coupon, and also look for rebate/refund. This is where you can do much of your saving on the shopping.
5. It would be a wise decision if you do the comparison of prices of different stores. It’s good to shop from more than one store, unless if you really have to go far away, which is not economical too. This way you can get full advantage of each store’s special discounts.
6. Go through your coupons every week and keep them stored in an organized form, this way you can make use of the ones that are about to expire.
7. You should be willing to change the brands to make use of all the coupons you have, and get full advantage of lower prices.
1. Don’t switch brands for which the store only offers discount, and you do not have any rebate or coupon for it.
So, you can actually save a lot of money if you make use of coupons and do the shopping wisely. How about saving 25% or even 50% of your weekly food expenditure? You too can definitely make it, however you need to do some preparation and planning to reach those numbers consistently.
So what is it that you have to do? Just get a Sunday newspaper which has the coupons inserted in it. Always buy a newspaper from a market and avoid purchasing from a machine. You can check to make sure if the coupons are properly tucked in the paper or not. Keep collecting and organizing the coupons in a file or in separate envelopes.
I easily manage to collect and clip the coupons in the Sunday afternoon, when I am free and have nothing to do. Many people who are not familiar with couponing consider couponing a hectic and time taking task. However if you take it as a fun you would definitely enjoy it, especially when you know you have a lot of money to save.