Get more Miles per Gallon
There are many positive ways in which you can survive in the economic disaster. Many things can be done to make life very simple and easy. Oil and gas prices are getting very high. Due to which it is becoming difficult for almost every one of us to afford our own vehicle. However there are a few ways through which you can easily get more miles per gallon. The number of miles you can get per gallon mainly depends upon many factors, which mainly include driving habits. Let’s see how we can help you to gain more miles per gallon easily.
- You should always anticipate, coast and use your brakes less. Always drive smoothly so that you don’t have to accelerate to get in front of traffic. Anticipate stops slow downs ahead and take your foot off the gas, try to coast much more than you brake.
- Never every accelerate quickly, because it saves a lot of fuel. Whether you are driving a manual or automatic vehicle this will shift to higher gears at lower speeds. It will make the fewer engine revolutions.
- Another way that is proven to save the fuel to use cruise control. You can use the resume button on your cruise control to provide enough acceleration times that do not irritate the drivers behind you, without wasting your fuel.
- If you have a vehicle that is automatic with overdrive, use the overdrive. And if you have a manual vehicle, shift early to keep engine rpm’s lower and be sure to use the highest gear for highway.
- As you start driving above 60 mph the wind resistance also start to increase as a percentage of total fuel consumption. Every mile over 60 mph costs you 1% in the fuel economy. In other words when you speed, you are actually burning more and more of your fuel. So you need to slow down.
- You should always wisely use the air conditioner. The more air conditioner you would use the more fuel your vehicle would have to burn, so avoid using the conditioner unless it’s really necessary.
- Tint your windows for both privacy and coolness. This would also cause to put fewer load on the air conditioner.
- You should close the passenger air vents, if your vehicle is just for a single person and you are not driving a family car, you do not need to cool your entire car interior- just you.
- Clean you vehicle to reduce its weight. If you car is light, it would burn less fuel.
- Avoid driving as much as you can, if you don’t have your family along with then ride a motorcycle. It would help to save you a lot of fuel.
- Always park your vehicle in the hade, because the more the gas tank would be heated up the more gas it would evaporate. Secondly parking car in sun would heat up your vehicle from inside and you would have to use air conditioner to cool it down, this way it would consume more gas. So if you can find some shade, park your car there.